Dynamics AX in Recycling Industry
An Austrian company hired i-Neti to join their project and build a solution for a Swedish waste disposal enterprise aiming to optimize internal processes.
Our customer couldn’t keep up with implementing a vertical solution for their client in the recycling industry and needed an extra development team. The end client is a waste management company that needed to optimize internal processes and improve the ERP system functionality.
During our cooperation, we provided the client with an experienced team of D365FO developers and consultants. Additionally, a technical support project runs alongside with development where bug-fixing was performed.
The weighing process is one of the most important operations in the recycling industry. To streamline the workflow, we decided to develop a fully-functional mobile app integrated with Dynamics 365.
The new app allows users to scan the barcode with a smartphone or tablet. After that, they can enter the weight of the vehicle, choose the material classification, select the necessary storage location based in the warehouse, and create a weighing slip in Dynamics 365 which will be further used for the customer invoice. All weighing slips collected during the day are then automatically combined as a batch in Dynamics 365.
- We updated the system to the latest Dynamics AX version and used all the necessary extensions.
- DIXF framework and OData protocol are widely used during the project for data exchange.
- The ERP system was integrated with MCS, s system of transportation routes optimization.
- We developed a mobile application based on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Unified Operations mobile app framework.
- Azure DevOps is used for MS Dynamics consultants and developers interation adhering to Agile principles.
- Dynamics AX