Quick reports OWC in Axapta (Dynamics AX)
Today we open the categories in which we will lay out some interesting examples for Dynamics AX.
Suppose a client asks you to write a report on the availability of materials in the warehouse. What not to write a separate report, you can use a ready functionality quick reports. Quick reports are simple and easy to use interface and lets you:
• Quickly create and customize any report;
• Use to report any data source;
• Use data OLAP cubes;
Creation, configuration and reporting is performed in the form of a list of reports:
Reporting settings performed on the "Settings" tab:
Description of settings report:
• Label field - specifies the name and the binding parameters of the report;
• Connection String - specifies the connection string in the general format of the data source;
• The name of the cube - the name of the cube to work with OLAP server;
• The query - the query text or stored procedure SQL Server to retrieve data report;
• XmlData - keeps your report, the group, the general form shapes, colors.
The report then looks like this:
After filling out the parameters of the report and clicking "Generate" you can now configure the display of the report form
• The adjustment is made with standard menu items OWC;
• When done, you can save it;
• The next time the form of the report will immediately previously customized look.
Author: Dmitry Isakov